The default work schedule sets the standard working days, working times and holidays for your organization.
Project Insight then uses the default work schedule for all project and resource work schedules unless changed individually.
See Work Schedules Overview article for all your options.
The System Default Work Schedule
In Administration > Projects > Default Work Schedule you'll see the System Default schedule:
One System Default work schedule is always required. It is named "System Default" but you can edit the name.
Change the Name of a Work Schedule
- Click the Edit icon or double click anywhere on the white space on the line
- Now you're in Inline Edit mode
- Change the name
- Click the Save icon or press enter
- Yay for the new name!
Editing or Viewing the Default Work Schedule
Only System Administrators can edit or view the Default Work Schedule:
- Click the hyperlinked schedule name
- Change the Default Workdays
- Add Holidays, Non-Workdays and Special Days
- Hit Save
- You will be prompted to read about making changes to the Default Work Schedule
This notification alerts all affect Project Managers their schedules have changed due to the default calendar changing.
Delete work schedule
The System Default work schedule cannot be deleted.
Need more than one system-wide schedule?
Some organizations manage schedules across teams or countries where you may need multiple work schedules:
See the Multiple Project Work Schedules to add more system-wide schedules.