Display components can be moved around, individually expanded or collapsed, deleted and have their configuration options changed right on the dashboard.
To add components, change the layout, expand or collapse all components or reset the dashboard to the default, the Dashboard Display Options is used:
- While the dashboard is displayed, hover on the Display Options icon in the main menu for the form.
- A list of all the available components that can be added and some other display options appear in the drop down list.
In some cases, there are sub-menus which are indicated by the next to them. If there are sub-menus, hover on the main menu item and then the sub-menus appear. In those cases, click on the sub-menus, not the main menu.
To add different components to the dashboard, see Dashboard Components.
The component will be positioned automatically on the layout (usually in the top left section), but then it can be moved. If you have a lot of components on the dashboard, you may have to scroll down or collapse the components to see it.
Components can be moved around on the dashboard, even into different sections of the dashboard.
If there is a lot of detail in your components or you have a lot of components on your dashboard, it is recommended to collapse all the components first and then move them (but it is not required to be collapsed to move).
- Click and drag on the header bar of the component.
- The different sections of the layout will become visible with dotted lines
- Drop it in the position and section it is to be displayed. If it is dropped directly on top of the highlighted header bar of another component, it will be positioned before that component. To position it after a component, drop it in the white space below the component (and before any other components).
To remove a component from the dashboard, click the Delete icon in the header bar for that component.
This doesn't delete the component entirely, it just removes it from the dashboard. It can be added back or added to other dashboards.
Component Display Options
Each component may also have additional options. These appear in the title bar of the components. The options available will vary by component type.
For example, some components contain a Display Options icon which can be used to control what details are displayed.
There may also be options to toggle the list of items in the Component between On It items or Allitems.
There could be RSS feed options .
There may be an option to start the add of that type of item right from the dashboard as well, see Adding Content.
Expanding or Collapsing Components
Each component has its own separate settings and functions, for example a component on the dashboard can appear in either expanded or collapsed mode. If its expanded, the details of that section are displayed. If its collapsed, just the header section is visible. In the form below, the tasks components and the projects components are expanded while the To Dos, Issues, Approval Requests, Time Sheet & Expense Reports and Notifications sections are collapsed.
In addition, when a component is expanded, the arrow next to its name appears as down arrow. When its collapsed, it appears as a right arrow
- To collapse an individual section, click on the down arrow (it collapses and displays as a right arrow ).
- To expand an individual section, click on the right arrow (it collapses and displays as a down arrow ).