Project Insight Help
Need some help? You've come to the right place, find all the answers you need here.
Browse or search our articles for help with Project Insight features and functionality.
A list of available resources to help answer any PI® product related questions you may have.
Engage in a live open forum with one of our PI#pros™. Get all your questions about PI answered.
Interact with other Project Insight users in this community-based learning center or post a ticket.
@mention in Comments
@mention: it's a thing
Have you ever wanted to get someone's attention in Project Insight, but didn't quite know how? Well, now you can focus your questions, concerns, hopes, dreams, and/or fears toward a specific person in Project Insight. Leave your target an @mention comment on any item in Project Insight (i.e. Task, project, issue, anywhere comments are allowed).
Just type the @ symbol (without a space) and start typing the resource's name:
Project Insight will populate the resource's name and put your comment in their notification stream:
When Nick asks so nicely, I feel compelled to do what he asks.
There's nothing to enable and nothing to set up. Just start typing @mention today to try it out!
PI Integration for Team Services Overview
Aggregate your Team Services work in your project managers' Project Insight. Your project managers use Project Insight to manage project schedules and portfolio reporting. Your development teams use Team Services for code and work lists. Now you can pass the developers' work into Project Insight plans for one overall view.
Aggregate your teams' work within Project Insight without spreadsheets
Any project manager will tell you Team Services is not a project management solution. Any developer will tell you they need Visual Studio Team Services to house their code and track their list of assignments. Let's bring everyone together in Project Insight.
Combine multiple Team Services into one PMO
Microsoft provides many solutions from Project to SharePoint to Excel to Team Services, but copy and paste and pivot tables get old fast. There's a better way to roll-up Team Services work into one solution for easy reports, robust hourly billing, and instant visiblity. Seamlessly get the data your project managers need when your developers update their Team Services tasks and user stories.
Your Devs do what they do best: Code
Your development teams already create code and house it in Team Foundation Server or similar GIT. They want to mark their task complete and tell you their progress in the same solution. Then they can move on to the next code puzzle. Why make them switch?
Keep developer productivity at eleven while your project managers see their progress automatically rolled up into Project Insight.
Powerful insights for stakeholders
Your project managers have enough to do. They make business decisions based on actual vs planned project data and constantly adjust and communicate project changes. Remove the role of chasing after updates to free up their time for hard resource choices and project prioritizing. Your accounting team and leadership team will love the billing reports and visual updates too.
- Link Project Insight projects with Visual Studio Team Services projects
- Send Team Services tasks and bugs into a connected PI project
- Automatically populate PI Tasks and Issues with Team Services tasks and bugs for status updates
- Those performing the work can send status updates to PMs without ever leaving Team Services
- Project Managers can see comments from the Team Services tasks and bugs
- Time Entries come over into Project Insight from sync'd Team Services' tasks
- Team Services users automatically sync to PI users via email address, so you always know who is performing the work
Visit the Project Insight "Get Apps & Add Ons" section of PI Administration to see the PI Integration for Team Services in action. It's just one more auto-magical way to work better together.
PI Integration for JIRA Overview
Instantly connect your developers' work in JIRA and your project managers' plans in Project Insight
You already use Project Insight to manage your project plans and portfolio reporting, but your engineering and dev teams use JIRA. This integration bidirectionally populates Project Insight plans with JIRA tasks and issues for instant visibility, robust reports, and easy hourly billing.
Roll-up multiple JIRAs into one platform
Whether you manage a team with one instance or many instances of JIRA, you can integrate your organization's Project Insight with any development team's JIRA. Never do duplicate entry again!
Your Devs do what they do best in JIRA
For your teams who know and love JIRA. Why make them switch for PM features like Resource Allocation, budgeting and invoicing features, and Portfolio reporting?
Don't ask your developers to switch! Keep them in their JIRA solution they love, and they won't care their JIRA data is automatically rolling up to Project Insight.
Your PM team get oodles of data
Project Managers get project health data, resource workload visibility, and real-time statuses. Accounting gets invoice records for easy-to-invoice billable time. Leadership sees real-time reports in hundreds of ways.
Let's talk Features
- Link Project Insight projects with JIRA projects
- Send your new JIRA projects up to PI and send any new PI project plans down into JIRA
- Automatically populate new PI tasks into JIRA for completion
- Automatically populate PI tasks with JIRA Issues for status updates
- Those performing the work can send status updates to PMs by updating their JIRA Issues
- All resources involved can comment back and forth and share files - while remaining in their solution of choice!
- Time Entries will also come over into Project Insight from sync'd JIRA sprints and issues
- For those who want a little more control, you can choose to NOT automatically send tasks and issues
- Instead, tell us who can send JIRA issues to PI, and we'll limit their "push" capabilities
- It's your choice whether to send everything automatically or push the issues and sprints up individually
- Other neat options include:
- Syncing PI percent complete types to JIRA statuses AND
- Syncing JIRA users to PI, so you always know who is performing the JIRA actions
Visit the Atlassian Marketplace for JIRA right now to see Project Insight's PI Integration for JIRA in action. It's just one more auto-magical way to work better together.